Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oscar Nominations!


I just checked out the Oscar Nominations for this year and I realize that I have a lot of movie watching to do! I either didn't see a lot of movies this year, or a lot of crappy movies this year. Either way, I think the only nominated movie I saw was The Dark Knight, and I was underwhelmed with it.

I was glad to see Richard Jenkins nominated for The Visitor. He is a great character actor, and while I have not seen the movie, he is a consistently good actor. I was disappointed that Tell No One was not nominated for Best Foreign Language Film. It's probably on DVD and I highly recommend it. It has one of the best foot chases I've ever seen--and it's not even a James Bond movie!

I'm not surprised that Heath Ledger got nominated. He was a talented actor--I thought he was extraordinary in Monster's Ball, for instance. But I just don't think this role--or the movie for that matter--was Oscar worthy. I will admit that the comic book action genre is not my bag, but Iron Man was waaay better than Dark Knight. Hey, my opinion and a couple of bucks will get you a Coolata at Dunkin' Donuts.

I may have a get-together Oscar night--in the meantime, I've got a whole lot of watching to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment